It's a free citywide event, but the 2018 Art Crawl starts right on our doorstep. From west to east within the CEZ you'll find:
- Midway Triangle Building, 2500 University: Textiles, furniture, sculpture, ceramics, jewelry, paintings & prints.
- West Hampden Artists, 2281 Hampden: Paintings, drawings, sculpture, and the new 2281 Gallery, all worth the short stroll from University Avenue.
- Carleton Artist Lofts, 2285 University: Fine crafts, prints, photography.
- Dow Bullding, 2242 University: Dow Gallery & Frame Shop and dozens of studios: painting, prints, photography, sculpture, mosaics, pottery.
- Vandalia Glassworks, 550 Vandalia: Glassmaking in action (pictured; see video)
- A Prior Affair, 755 North Prior: Art & craft show (start at BlackStack Brewing).
- Interact Center, 1860 W. Minnehaha: Art in all media; make & takes for all ages.
Hours: Friday 6–10 pm, Saturday 12–8, and Sunday 12–5.
Download a free Metro Transit pass for the weekend, or make it a citywide art-and-beer tour with Saturday's Brews & Buses Crawl (local stops at BlackStack, Dual Citizen, Lake Monster, and Urban Growler).
Saturday 6–8 pm, Workhorse Coffee hosts Rachel "Olli" Johnson and her new kinetic works.
Sunday 2–5 pm, stop and drum at the TaikoArts Midwest Open House to celebrate their new studio at 2161 University, suite 117: enter at back of the Pirtek Building.